Wow! I am so honored to have been chosen by The Adventures of Noodle to receive a One Lovely Blog Award! I still feel really new to this party and still feel pathetically challenged by such things as learning how to make live links, but I am loving this little community I have found here and really enjoy sharing my experiences with Aspen with all those who are interested.
So as part of the award, I am to share 7 facts about myself:
1. In addition to my new fur baby, I am the mother of four (no second marriage involved), ranging in age from 4 to almost 21- which means that I am kept on my toes every single day!
2. Originally, I was in school to become a lawyer, but ended up becoming a full-time mom instead and have never regretted the decision. I now run the financial side of my husband’s graphic design/advertising firm and take on interior design projects as time allows. Which mostly, it doesn’t.
3. I am very technologically challenged. I joke that I got married so that I wouldn’t have to clean out the gutters of figure out the computer. Therefore, this whole blog thing has been a challenge, but I’m learning…slowly!
4. I called my blog the “Preppy Dog” because I love all things preppy- from monograms to madras- and happen to live in the hippie capitol of the United States. It’s not easy.
5. I also live in an area of the United States that receives a considerable amount of rain, and I hate rain.
6. Getting a puppy was an extremely unlikely event for our family. Those who know us, still cannot believe we did it. We have an extremely busy life, travel often, have a house full of glass tables and white furniture. Not to mention the fact that my husband isn’t really an animal person. But one of our interns for our business showed us a photo of her beloved English Cream Golden Retriever, and just like that, my husband and I turned to each other and said, “That’s our dog!” So after researching breeders and waiting patiently, we brought Aspen home 5 months later.
7. I never thought I’d be a crazy dog person, but I am crazy about this puppy. She has not chewed anything she wasn’t supposed to chew (other than a dining chair leg, but that was just one time), she is so incredibly sweet to our 4-year-old, who loves to give her *ahem* “hugs”, and she forces me to get outside and get exercise even when the rain won’t stop. She’s the best.
Now my turn to nominate other blogs. In addition to adorable Mr. Noodle, here are some of the blogs that have been an inspiration to me the last 6 months:
The Fine Print for the Nominees:
1-Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog in the post.
2-Copy the rules and add the blog award badge as an image
3-Share 7 facts about yourself to your fellow bloggers.
4-Then nominate up to 15 people.
Thanks again, Noodle!!